BCA is seeking a talented FULL TIME Project Manager to join our team. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
The person in this role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day progress of several projects simultaneously. Projects can range in value from $250,000 and $5,000,000 and can take between 6 weeks and 6 months to complete.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or equivalent work experience. We strongly encourage candidates with hands on manufacturing experience that want to take the next step in their career.
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in a customer facing project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Working knowledge MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end as related to deliverables and overall project execution.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and status to clients and BCA team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the rest of the BCA management team to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Manage day to day activities on-site during the project installation process.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post -mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Availability to travel at least 33% of the time
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Willingness to apply additional effort and time as required by a project or deadline.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. In addition to a competitive salary BCA offers the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401K with matching
Boston Conveyor & Automation took its name from a city with a revolutionary history that has shaped itself into a world-class, technology-driven metropolis. Like that city, Boston Conveyor & Automation (BCA) draws on significant experience and history to design and manufacture cutting edge material handling and automated systems for our food manufacturing, life science and general industry clients. We specialize in stainless steel construction and sanitary design. All of our metalwork is done on premises to exacting standards. Our team has decades of experience, which we use to conceive, engineer, and execute clean, efficient systems that go beyond what most manufacturers have come to expect.