BCA is seeking a talented FULL TIME Manufacturing Operations Manager to join our team. They will, develop and implement processes and procedures to continuously improve all areas of production in a low volume / high mix environment. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
The person in this role will provide leadership and management of a multi-function team of approximately 25-30 employees in order to assure safety, quality, on-time delivery, and cost performance in a complex manufacturing operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, or industrial engineering or equivalent work experience. We strongly encourage candidates with hands on manufacturing experience who want to take the next step in their career to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in sheet metal, fabrication, machining, and assembly manufacturing environments.
- Sets production goals and objectives that align with project based and strategic business plans, goals, and targets
- Creates and maintains a work environment where employee safety and health are prioritized and BCA’s supportive culture is maintained
- Guides and mentors employees to improve capabilities and skills
- Partners with Engineering Managers, Project Managers, Sales and Company Management to assure all customer commitments are on track
- Establishes clear lines of performance accountability
- Manages production operation expenses and budgets
- Implements effective and actionable daily goals
- Develops and implements processes and procedures to continuously improve in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Works in a cross functional capacity to address operational challenges
- Establishes, deploys, and maintains accountability to standard work instructions and methods
- Drives employees training and adherence to standards
- Develops next level of supervisors and leads for assigned areas
- Track record of implementing 5S practices
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Perform multiple tasks where priorities can change rapidly
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. In addition to a competitive salary BCA offers the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K with matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Boston Conveyor & Automation took its name from a city with a revolutionary history that has shaped itself into a world-class, technology-driven metropolis. Like that city, Boston Conveyor & Automation (BCA) draws on significant experience and history to design and manufacture cutting edge material handling and automated systems for our food manufacturing, life science and general industry clients. We specialize in stainless steel construction and sanitary design. All of our metalwork is done on premises to exacting standards. Our team has decades of experience, which we use to conceive, engineer, and execute clean, efficient systems that go beyond what most manufacturers have come to expect.