Execute mechanical machine design from inception through production both in new product design and in existing product redesign. Must be knowledgeable in machine and process design with strong Solidworks skills.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Review customer drawings, and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of a given design or project.
- Perform all necessary calculations such as stress analysis, load analysis, chain pull, speed requirements and regulatory compliance evaluation, etc. as required.
- Perform liaison function between Engineering and all manufacturing operations for any related issues, problems or improvements.
- Participate in and facilitate engineering and general design review as required.
- Refine and complete designs after design review meetings.
- Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to the company.
- Coordinate as required with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales, production, accounting personnel, fabrication, controls, welding, metal finishing and assembly.
- Keep manager advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites for project evaluation, measurement, supervision of installation etc.
Education / Experience
- Associates of Engineering Degree or equivalent from a two-year college (Bachelors preferred) or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing complex machinery utilizing Solidworks
- Minimum of 3 years of experience manipulating facility layouts in AutoCad
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift – Monday to Friday
Experience: Mechanical Design: 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Location: Newburyport, MA 01950 (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Application Question: Please Note: No sponsorship is available for this position. Are you currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer?
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No