BCA is seeking a Mechanical Assembly Technician to join our team. We are a fast growing business located in Newburyport MA and offer a great environment to work in. An air conditioned shop is only the start.
This position is responsible for the assembly of conveyor and related mechanical equipment. The ideal candidate for this position possesses good mechanical aptitude, enthusiasm, and is motivated to get the job done in a fast paced environment. This individual will work closely with the Manufacturing Manager and Project Management to build quality equipment on a timely basis.
Daily activities will involve:
- Assembly of conveyor and related equipment
- Organize materials, tasks, and priorities for Mechanical Assemblers
- Support development of best practices
- Mechanical aptitude
- Foresight to anticipate project requirements and organize tasks accordingly
- Adaptable to fast paced environment
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independent or as a team
- Capable of using hand and power tools
- Able to be on your feet, bend, or occasionally climb short ladder for a minimum of 8 hours a day
- Able to lift / move 50 lbs
- Willing to work minimum of 40 hours
- Ability to read blueprints
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for equipment installations
- Previous experience in conveyor or custom equipment industry
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email)
- High School degree or equivalent
- Driven self-starter with a positive attitude.
2+ years’ experience as a machinery assembler
- Good interpersonal skills
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. In addition to a competitive salary BCA offers the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K with matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Boston Conveyor & Automation took its name from a city with a revolutionary history that has shaped itself into a world-class, technology-driven metropolis. Like that city, Boston Conveyor & Automation (BCA) draws on significant experience and history to design and manufacture cutting edge material handling and automated systems for our food manufacturing, life science and general industry clients. We specialize in stainless steel construction and sanitary design. All of our metalwork is done on premises to exacting standards. Our team has decades of experience, which we use to conceive, engineer, and execute clean, efficient systems that go beyond what most manufacturers have come to expect.