Located in beautiful Newburyport Massachusetts, Boston Conveyor and Automation (BCA) has brought together a very experienced and successful team to focus on the automation processes in the food manufacturing, life science and general manufacturing industries. Due to rapid growth, BCA is in need of a Director of Electrical / Automation Engineering.
This is business critical, hands on role that that has day to day direct responsibility for BCA’s staff of electrical and automation engineers as well as indirect oversight of electromechanical technicians. In addition to the management aspect of the position this person role will have project execution responsibility including PLC, HMI and robotic programming, documentation and project management.
The right person will be organized, energetic with a proven track record or solving complex automation applications firsthand. The individual in this role is required to be the technical “face of automation” for the business and support the applications, sales and project management teams at customer sites etc.
- US work authorization (Required)
- Drive strategic direction for BCA’s controls and automation systems
- Design, specification, implementation, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and continuous improvement of automation for food and beverage and bio-pharmaceutical production facilities.
- Support an oversee electrical and control panel design
- Specification of automation hardware and software
- Development of design documents
- Programming to include but not limited to controllers, operator interfaces, VFD’s and complex servo motion
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) support
- Site start-up and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) support
- Project Management, scheduling, resource management, scope, & customer correspondence
- Lead and mentor electrical and automation engineers
- Operational support
- Control system troubleshooting support
- Evaluate new technologies for their application within a manufacturing facility
- Support proposals department in developing the scope and budget for new projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10 years minimum Industrial Automation / Control Systems Integration experience
- Experience with PLCs such as Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, Schneider etc.
- Working knowledge of process systems and continuous processes
- AutoCAD and Panel Design
- Travel up to 25%
- Robotics, Fanuc, experience a plus
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k with matching
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Willingness to travel:
Boston Conveyor & Automation took its name from a city with a revolutionary history that has shaped itself into a world-class, technology-driven metropolis. Like that city, Boston Conveyor & Automation (BCA) draws on significant experience and history to design and manufacture cutting edge material handling and automated systems for our food manufacturing, life science and general industry clients. We specialize in stainless steel construction and sanitary design. All of our metalwork is done on premises to exacting standards. Our team has decades of experience, which we use to conceive, engineer, and execute clean, efficient systems that go beyond what most manufacturers have come to expect.