Due to rapid growth, BCA is seeking a talented Applications Engineer to join our team. To qualify for this position an individual must be capable meet the requirements below and have a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Corporate Development.
- Develop drawings – Use AutoCAD and Solidworks to generate proposal drawings
- Quotation Generation- Use internal data and general costing techniques to develop proposals
- Description of operation – Generate step by step description of operation
- Project coordination – Follow-up orders as they are being built
- Work with the customer and BCA sales team to assure all information needed to execute a proposal is available.
- Generally keeping customer updated on the status of their system
POSITION DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Liaising with existing clients
- Preparing proposals and quotations
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales support
- Reviewing cost and sales performance
- Writing and / or contributing to reports and sales literature
- Providing product education and advice
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS ARE:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two- year college or technical school.
- Minimum 3 years applicable experience
- Experience with and / or exposure to:
- Proposal generation
- Robot Simulation Software
- Vision Systems
- Servo Motion Control
- ACAD experience
- Solidworks experience
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Results oriented and innovative
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to visualize a process or system from concept to development
- Strong planning, organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Travel as required.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. In addition to a competitive salary BCA offers the following benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 8 hour shift
- Authorized to work in US without sponsorship
- Applications Engineering: 3 years (Required)
Boston Conveyor & Automation took its name from a city with a revolutionary history that has shaped itself into a world-class, technology-driven metropolis. Like that city, Boston Conveyor & Automation (BCA) draws on significant experience and history to design and manufacture cutting edge material handling and automated systems for our food manufacturing, life science and general industry clients. We specialize in stainless steel construction and sanitary design. All of our metalwork is done on premises to exacting standards. Our team has decades of experience, which we use to conceive, engineer, and execute clean, efficient systems that go beyond what most manufacturers have come to expect.